Saturday, December 18, 2010

Flying

Oh the joys of flying. You thought that I had a love-hate relationship with cars, its much worse with planes. I have to admit that i am terrified of flying. I am always certain that the something awful if going to happen like...


















Irrational, i know. But true.

Although I have to admit thought that the idea of flying out to Missouri was a lot more appealing then spending 20+ hours in the car with a 5 week old baby.

So I was all packed and ready to go the night before, of course we had also been packing to move so we didn't even start thinking about bed until midnight, at witch point I made Jason go to bed because he had to drive me to the airport at 5 in the morning. I, of course ended up going to bed closer to two in the morning because little man wanted to eat at one.
  I had my alarm set for four so that I could wake up and feed that little man so that he would not be hungry again until I would actually have a chance to sit down and feed him. I know smart of me ;)

But of course nothing ever seems to go as planned once you have a baby, so M\my wake up call went something like this....
 yeah, that was definitely the time that I was supposed to be leaving for the airport...and now I had to feed the baby, wake up the daddy and get the car packed(well Jason had to do that one.) and finish getting ready in about 15min in order to be to the airport by a time I deemed appropriate. Yeah, I don't know how much most of you know about new borns but they take at least 30 min to eat. witch meant we were not getting out of there any sooner then 5:15, unless of course I wanted to deal with a screaming baby for an hour car drive, witch I didn't.
 So by the time we are all read to go it is about 5:30, and by the time we got to the air port it was about 6:30, and my flight was leaving at 7:20. leaving us an hour to check in  and get through security. Normally that would be pushing it but then I also forgot to factor in... dun...dun...dun.... holiday traffic. Yeah... we got to the airport and it looked something like this...
 yeah.... gotta love the holidays.

Thank goodness Southwest is pretty fast and we got through the line in a timely manner, and then of course there is good ol' security, the line for them was, of course twice as long. Fortunately for me the nice lady that checked us in took pitty on me and  gave Jason a pass to take me back.Of course that fact that i looked like this...
might have had something to do with it.

Yeah I was just a little overwhelmed. and of course by the time we finished checking in it was 7:00 and I had 20 min to get through security (witch looked just like the line to check in) Jason and I were positive that I was not going to make my flight and be stuck in the airport all day.But with a lot of prayer and lots of crazy running through the airport with a screaming baby we made it! And very out of breath, I sat down very contently in my seat....squished between two men.... whom i am sure greatly appreciated the company of a woman with to much stuff, and a six week old baby.

2 comments:

  1. I looooove little Jojo's thought process. Sounds just right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks.... I figure it has to be something like that... :D

    ReplyDelete