Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Cars

Ya know one nice thing about my blog is that I know the people that fallow it are probably in pretty similar situations to me and my husband. Married collage students with little to no money to there name and a husband who is either in school still or just starting a job right out of school. Yeah, and that means that I can joke about things that y'all relate to and hopefully you'll laugh at me as much as I laugh at myself...

 My first post is about something that most of us probably have a love hate relationship with. Our car.... For the first year Jason and I were married we didn't have a car. We survived alright, but it wasn't very convenient having to ask for rides any time we didn't want to walk some where. So when (this last spring-ish) we had the chance to get an Infinite G20t with in our budget amount we jummped on the chance. I have to say it was love at first sight.
Of course the love was dampened a little when we had to write the check and actually buy it. I mean we had the money and all, but writing a check for that amount of money is never something some one enjoys...


yeah, I'm sure you know the feeling.

 But getting a car is still exciting. We had a sudden freedom that let us do what ever we wanted with our begging people for a ride, like, grocery shopping! (yeah I know, exciting right) And of course we could go on dates that were further then just walking distance, witch is always nice.

yeah, car give you all kinds of nice freedom!! Yeah cars!!!

That is of course until you need them to be in good shape. Like when you're going to drive country.... and you take it in to get the 90,000 mile check up done on it. I mean if the car was ever going to behave that would be a good time right? I mean your spending a few hundred dollars to get it all healthy and nice that it would be nice enough to be healthy.... yeah so so so wrong.

We take the car to get it all fixed up, expecting to spend around 400$ (we had to get the breaks replaced as well.) and what happens, well.... this happens...


Well, i might be exaggerating just a little (about Jasons reaction, not the price) Needless to say it threw a bit or a wrench in out budget.... but ya know, we should have planned for that :) But of course there is always some thing that you can learn from these sorts of things (no matter how much it hurts your wallet.) The lesson learned here is, always double your budget for car repairs, and don't let Jason answer the phone when it involves the car.... I would say both are important things to keep in mind for the future!

2 comments: