Monday, May 9, 2011

Just Jojo

 While I was trying to figure out something amusing to write about for this week I quickly came to the conclusion that writing on just one thing was not going to be enough. Little man is at the point in life where week by week he is picking up newer and more amusing traits. So instead of writing about just one thing I thought I might share a few of the things Jojo is up to now and days, I never realized how amusing having a child can be.
 Take about a week ago, Jojo started laughing. When he was amused before he would throw his head back and look as though he was going to bust up. He would open up really wide and his whole face would smile, but darn it, not a sound came out of his little mouth. This was rather frustrating for all of us adults who tried so hard to get him to laugh. Sometimes I wonder if he just did it to spite us. Now I just wonder if maybe he was afraid. I can see you now, wondering "what would make you think that." Well the first few times Jojo laughed it went something like this...

I don't know if this is a typical reaction that a baby has when they first start laughing, but it was pretty funny. He doesn't do it as much any more but for a while there he would just look around and try to figure out when in the world was going on after he laughed.

Another fun habit that he has picked up is the deep desire to get from one place to another. He has already mastered the art of rolling, but apparently this is not good enough for him. I try to encourage him to get up on his knees and do the rocking thing. He, at the moment, doesn't seem to want to have much to do with that. His attempt at moving is more like...


Yeah, he's pretty funny. hopefully he soon figures out that, really it is easier to get on his knees at this point in time. Of course I don't mind that he dose this, he always gets back up and tries again, he is a determined little man.  
 Oh and then there is the funness of back aching. The more tired he gets the more back arching is involved. I am really not sure why babies do this. perhaps his thoughts are something along these lines.... 
and yes that is usually how it ends when he starts throwing himself around like that. 

Well, any way, i am sure that there will be many more blogs to come, inspired from this little goober. But I hoped you enjoy just a little bit of what my little boy is like now and days. I know I sure do... well... most of the time ;) 

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE his face when he starts laughing... oh my gosh... You guys need to move closer to me so I can see his funny face.

    ReplyDelete